Cars, trucks, and SUVs alike have a variety of lighting built-in. In fact, there's a light for nearly every purpose you can imagine. If you're looking for a clearer explanation of each kind, you can get all the info you need, right here.
Get the Facts About Car Lighting
What types there are: essentially, daytime running lights (DRLs), headlights, and taillights. What they do, you're already familiar with: they show your position, both on the road and off.
- Headlights, for instance, have both low-beam and high-beam settings, for everyday driving and for driving in extreme dark, respectively.
- Hazard lights/flashers, though, are actually a headlight mode, one that tells other drivers you need help or that there's danger nearby.
Other kinds that are available: brake lights, which indicate slowing down and/or stopping; signal lights/blinkers, which tell drivers you're turning or changing lanes; fog lights, which help you see better in bad weather; puddle lights, which illuminate the area under your doors, making it easier to see and avoid obstacles as you get in and out of your vehicle; specialty lights, which draw attention to your license plate frame or other exterior accessories.
The kinds of bulbs they use: either halogen, Xenon (high-intensity discharge/HID), or LED.
When to change bulbs: that's type-dependent.
- Replace halogen lights every two years
- Replace HID/Xenon lights every three years
- Replace LED lights if the electronics die or the lights themselves burn out
Why buy genuine OEM lighting: it'll fit your make and model from the get-go, guaranteed. Brands design it that way.
Where to order replacement lighting and light parts online: at our auto parts store. Simply browse our catalog by brand, model, and model year to find the right fit. Buy now, and we'll ship quickly, right to your door. Just be sure to remember any housings and assembly kits you'll need for the installation.
No results found for "headlamp, headlight, tail lamp, light". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!